The functional unit of the human nervous system is the neuron. The human nervous system has two parts.
Part-1 Central nervous system
This part includes the spinal cord and brain
The brain has three parts.
- Front Brain
- The thalamus, cerebrum, hypothalamus glands are found in the brain.
- The cerebrum controls intelligence and memory.
- Thalamus makes a man feel pain, cold, hot.
- The hypothalamus controls hunger, thirst, love, hatred, heat control, sweating, anger, happiness, etc. in humans.
2. Middle Brain
- Corpora quadrigeminal and peribrum pedicle are found in the middle brain.
- Corpus quality controls ground vision and hearing powerAdvertisement
3. Posterior Brain
- The cerebellum and medulla oblongata are present in the posterior brain.
- The cerebellum performs the task of balancing the body with the help of the ear.
- Medulla oblongata controls heartbeat and respiration.
Part-2 Peripheral Nervous System
- A network of neurons is present in the peripheral nervous system.
- This neuron transmits the message from one place to another through electrical impulses.
- This electrical impulse travels from one nerve cell to another nerve cell via the synapse synaptic crack.